Create Archive Drawing
Did you know that....
...you can attach external references (for example images) to a drawing by saving it as an .omz file?
You are working with a drawing in Configura and you have imported dwg/dxf files, jpeg images or other external references to the drawing area. If you then choose to create an archive drawing your drawing is saved in the archive format .omz and the external references are also included.
To create an archive drawing, proceed as follows:
- Save the drawing as usual (click 'Save' in the 'File' menu).
- Click the 'File' menu and select 'Create Archive drawing' under the alternative 'Export' (see figure 1). A 'Save As' dialog is displayed.
- Select the folder you wish to save the drawing in.
- Enter a file name for the drawing.
- Click the button 'Save'. Your archive drawing is now created and saved in the file format .omz.
To open an archive drawing, proceed as follows:
Since the file format .omz is an archive format you need to do the following to open an archive drawing:
- Click the 'File' menu and select 'Open'. The dialog 'Open' is displayed.
- Select the alternative 'Configura archive (*.omz)' in the field 'Files of type' (see figure 2).
- Select the file you wish to open and click the button 'Open'. The dialog 'Browse For Folder' is displayed.
- Select the folder you wish to unpack the drawing in and click the button 'OK'. The archive drawing is now opened in Configura.